Sunday, February 3, 2008

Sewperbowl Sunday



Today I managed to get the final borders on Jacob's halloween quilt and I pressed the backing and have the batting all ready to go on the Little Gracie for quilting. Only trouble is that I ran out of the fabric I had purchased for the leaders I was making, so I only got two of the three made for the machine DRATS!!!

I made three additional blocks to lengthen the D9P quilt, as two were already cut and I had enough extra to whip up one more and not waste the fabric ( NO FABRIC WASTING LOL).So now my quilt is 4 by 7 instead of the 4 by 6 I had already increased it to.. I am going to cut the borders tomorrow and attach them to the quilt.

Pat Sloan was also kind enough to post the Feb book club BOM that I have been doing so that got made and it is really a cute little block. She has called it a Tea Leaf block ( as we are currently reading a mystery series about a tea shop in Carolina). Pat did hers in greens but mine is more of a Rose Hips kinda tea LOL I like how it turned out.

Here are pics of the halloween quilt with the final border and the Tea Leaf block for Pat's book club. Until we blog again.... JOyB


No comments: