Saturday, March 29, 2008

I am 43 !!!




Ok here is my birthday story. Jason and I went into Portland and straight to the Naked Sheep. The owner was there and was just the sweetest gal. I found 4 skeins of some italian wool and microfiber blend in blues with black and grey. Just gorgeous. then I signed up for the Oregon Tote class which is a felted striped tote with an i cord handle and I am going to class for 3 wednesdays. The owner asked if I wanted to order my supplies for the class while I was there as they give a 10% discount for class supplies but I got 15% because it was my birthday !! So I got 6 skeins of Cascades 220 woo,l 2 in vibrant pink, 2 in a rich yellow and 2 in a very easter green. I also got the DPNs and the circulars I will need as well as the pattern.I got all 3 of the bumper stickers posted on my blog !!!! And I got a free one that will win me free yarn if I ever get spotted in Portland with it on my bumper ( hey it is cute anyway).I got two really cute pins and a purple yarn bag that has pockets for needles and supplies and has the Naked Sheep logo on it. YEs I am spoiled!! LOLthen we were headed for Twisted when the traffic got bad and I realized I was on the wrong end of Broadway so I chose to make that a destination for some other day and we headed to Beaverton but went thru Tigard. As we got to the off ramp, my dd, Sara called and I asked where she was and she and my DGS, Jacob were in Tigard!! So we met up at the Dollar store and Jacob was so happy to see his grandma. I bought him some toys LOl And he picked out a card for me ( i held him up to the appropriate section and he grabbed one LOl)Then I invited Sara to meet us after her shower for dinner. We went to find a movie to give them time to get ready and didn't find a single one that we wanted to see so we went to Tuesday Morning looking for the bamboo needle sets and they were not there ..Oh well. We decided to head to Benihana's and sit at the bar and have a couple drinks til Sara and Jacob arrived. I took in some of my knitting and got rave reviews from everyone in the bar and people who had to poke their heads in to see what I was working on LOL.well three vodka matini's with double olives later, Sara had arrived and we were seated at a table. I had steak and lobster and a second soup as mine was inhaled by Jacob.. and smoothies for the rest of the meal so I was prepared (and sober) for the drive home. Don't ask about Jason. He doesn't drink and was trying to keep up with me LOL. No driving for Jason LOL. I will post the Benehana's birthday pic on my blog so you all can see what I mean LOL.Oh I just looked at it myself and went threw a round of serious giggles. will scan it and get it there so you can giggle too. The other 2 couples at the end of our table were together and younger folks and they did not know what to make of us !! Everyone sang happy birthday to me and I blew a candle out of the belly of a fat man LOL OK it was a buddha but I am not into that stuff soo.....Jason and I talked about spending the night at the Embassy Suites but I decided that I had already spent more than enough for my birthday so we went home. I had a house full of the girls friends here who sang happy birthday to me and gave me a slice of pizza with another candle in it. It was an amazing birthday. I am still recovering Tee Hee Hee. Jason cleared out the entire house so I could have some quiet and I need it. Thank you to everyone who sent cards and wishes for a happy birthday . it was truly one of the best days of my life. Hugs JoyB

5 comments:

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. That bag that you are going to make looks amazing.

The Angel Forever

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday! Seems like it was a GREAT one! Hugs, Mary
by the way, love the sock development!

Aunt Kathy said...

I can't remember the last time I had a birthday like that. I am so glad ti was fun. And what deals, and grandchildren and yarn and needles, it just couldn't get any better.

Val said...

Oh my gosh, love your blog Lindabee. I didn't realize you lived so "close". We drive down to Portland once or twice a year so I can hit the fabric stores. You'll have to tell me where these great yarn shops are!! Love to knit as does Jennifer, my DD. You are certainly a very young grandma you lucky gal!
Val, another Sloanie

Lil Knitter said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Sounds like you had an awesome time. I wish I had gotten pizza with candles on it. lol
Hugs!