Sunday, January 27, 2008

Where to start??









Well I am back from my retreat and man was it a blast. I always love a good retreat but this is the first one I have done since my return to Oregon and boy did I need it. I got one quilt top done and another done to blocks. I saw some really amazing quilts AND got an award at the Awards banquet last night. I got the Sensory Overload award LOL I had told the shop owners that I had a serious complaint. She looks at me really seriously and asked me what the problem was .. I proceeded to tell her that I had gotten up from my sewing table to buy something in the shop and had been so bombarded with so many beautiful quilts that I had forgotten what it was I was going to buy and had to go back to the table and start over. LOL For this award they gave me a Memory Chain pattern LOL. I laughed until I cried.

Sylvia has been a good friend for many years and I so appreciate all she does for us both at the retreats and in her amazing shop (Greenbaum's Quilted Forest).

So here are pics of my finished quilt top and the amazing sunset we witnessed from our hotel on friday night. Hope you like the pics. I am setting up a fliker account so that I can add a slideshow of the other pics from the retreat to the side bar. Hugs to all of you. JoyB

1 comment:

Bobbie Bentneedle said...

Joy, you'll have to let me know if the Memory Chain pattern does the trick - I have a serious intermittent case of CRS! Love the top you got done (what's the pattern?) and the sunset on the beach looks heavenly! Here in the east Texas woods, sometimes it seems that we NEVER see the sun, and I do love a good sunset... Welcome home!