Friday, January 25, 2008

Off to Retreat


Well you won't be getting any posts from me this weekend. I am off to beautiful Newport Oregon for a quilt retreat hosted by Greenbaum's Quilted Forest. This is my very favorite retreat and only held once a year at the Shilo Inn. The place is gorgeous and the food is wonderful, not to mention how exciting it is to get to go quilt with 30 other ladies who share my addiciton to quilting. It is like a 12 step program where no one wants to quit LOL.

This retreat is a finishers retreat. it means that they have product demos throughout the day but what you work on is up to you. Just a great time to get something unfinished out of the way or something you have always wanted to work on done without the interruption of the kids, the dog, the phone...Need I go on?

We all bring snacks to share and of course there is always PLENTY of chocolate.. So off I go to relax and sew. I wish you all were coming with me.. I know you would enjoy it as much as I do. Details when I return. JoyB

1 comment:

Karen said...

Have a wonderful time and be prepared to show us pic of the fun and the stuff you buy and the project you finish!